Productions might have had to shut down because of the current pandemic, but moves are still being made in the world of screenwriting for when the world restarts. Here’s our pick of the news from recent script sales from 2020 reported by Script Pipeline.
With all these script sales from 2020 going on, it’s clear that writers should keep working on their scripts. If you want to get your script into the hands of producers and execs, enter our current contests for the chance to win guaranteed pitching to industry which is awarded to our top 3 – along with other great prizes. Find out more about our Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award HERE and our Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest HERE!
- Spec scripts that have been sold include crime thriller MURDER IN THE WHITE HOUSE, supernatural western THE PINKERTON, and the brilliantly named sci-fi comedy THE ALIENS ARE STEALING OUR WEED, which is set to star Gina Rodriguez.
- A Whitney Houston biopic has been picked up by Primary Wave and Muse of Fire Productions. Its writer, Anthony McCarten, has lots of experience with biopics, having also penned THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING, DARKEST HOUR, BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, and THE TWO POPES.
- Disney will continue their live-action remakes of animated classics with HERCULES. David Callaham (THE EXPENDABLES, WONDER WOMAN 1984) is set to write and the Russo brothers (AVENGERS: ENDGAME) will produce.
- And if that weren’t enough, the live-action ALADDIN is set to get a sequel. While the lead actors are expected to return, John August and Guy Ritchie have been replaced as writers by John Gatins and Andrea Berloff.
- The CREED franchise is getting a third instalment, currently set to be written by Zach Baylin. Michael B. Jordan will return in the lead role.
Check out the full reports of Script Sales on Script Pipeline, with the report for February HERE, the report for March HERE, and the report for April HERE.
We guarantee to pitch ALL our winners’ scripts to industry, and with two new competitions now open – the Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2020 and the Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest – we already can’t wait to get more great scripts into the hands of top producers! To give you an idea of how we do that, we’ve been giving you an inside look at Ian’s LA Pitching Diary. Here’s the final instalment – featuring more conversations with key decision-makers and a request for scripts from our slate… (more…)
Last week we announced the launch of our Summer Screenwriting Contest… and now it’s time for our latest genre prize! Last year we had a great time with this one, so it’s back once again – ladies and gentlemen, our Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2020 is now open!
Our Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest is now LIVE! One of the big prizes for our top three scripts is pitching them to industry – and here’s a sneak peek into how we do just that. See the latest instalment of Ian’s LA Diary below, featuring a trip to BAFTA LA and a meeting with SCARFACE co-producer Peter Saphier… (more…)
The coronavirus crisis is making life hard for everyone right now – today, all Californians were ordered today to stay home. Here at WriteMovies, though, it’s business as usual thanks to an established business model we developed several years ago, enabling us to continue our work around the world from our own homes where necessary! We’ve got big plans coming up to help support our followers and clients during this pandemic, too – we’ll be telling you more about that next week…
But before that, we promised to share a week of Ian’s L.A. Diary from the beginning of March – and here’s Part 3! We GUARANTEE to get our winners’ scripts in front of top producers with the power to say yes and make things happen, and this sneak peek gives you an idea how. Here’s what Ian got up to on Wednesday March 4th… (more…)
To give a picture of how we engage with industry and pitch our winners’ scripts, our Director Ian Kennedy is sharing a week of his L.A. diary with us. He’s got meetings with major producers, organisations and other industry professionals to share with us, plus images from the scene. Today he meets the producers of Oscar-winners GET OUT and BLACKKKLANSMAN, plus THE MESSENGER and many other top films. (more…)
To give a picture of how we engage with industry and pitch our winners’ scripts, our Director Ian Kennedy is sharing a week of his L.A. diary with us. He’s got meetings with major producers, organisations and other industry professionals to share with us, plus images from the scene. (more…)