Founded alongside WriteMovies in 1999, TSIM is our industry-facing partner organisation, promoting our award-winning scripts and other projects on our slate to the international entertainment industry. With our latest rounds of industry pitching underway this Fall, here’s your chance to see the new-look TSIM website and many of the projects we are currently pitching to industry!
What does it take to win a screenwriting contest? WriteMovies Director Ian Kennedy interviews Vanisha Renée Pierce about her successes in our contests and what helped her scripts to stand out in them.
The past month in our Industry Diary: It’s been a long year, but we’re always looking to get our scripts pitched to industry. As productions get back on their feet, here’s an update about what we’ve been up to lately:
- One of our winners provided an excellent new draft of his powerful script yesterday, refined following our latest free Development Notes to get it pitch-ready. We’ve immediately sent the script on to Oscar-winning producers who asked to see the new draft once ready. Really excited to see what they think of it!
- I attended the WGGB Open Session discussing the impact of Covid-19 and Brexit has had on the industry, and information and guidance people can receive in the future. I also heard stories from people’s personal projects that were postponed, cancelled, or fortunate enough to be adapted to go ahead during the pandemic.
- Making enquiries through IMDb Pro with potential producers about some of our winners such as END OF THE LINE, RIDING WITH CHARLIE and MAKE THE WEATHER. You can read all about the writers and the scripts in the articles linked.
- We’ve been communicating with our latest winners to get their work pitch ready. All our winners have now received Development Notes from our analysts and are hard at work on new drafts of their scripts. We’ve also been putting together one-page pitches for them, a key tool for us when pitching.
- One of our recent winners is reworking their script into a different format after an expression of interest from one of our contacts, who is looking to pass on sci-fi scripts for an award-winning Hollywood professional to direct. Loglines for all our winners scripts were also sent out to top producers for consideration.
A year ago, we gave you a sneak peek at the industry diary of our director, Ian Kennedy, as he pitched our winners projects in Los Angeles. Now, as we start a new pitching push, we look back at a year like no other and how it’s shaped our plans for the future.
The last eighteen months have seen people become confined in their homes across the globe. Unable to travel, many of them are looking for new worlds to discover.
That’s why the WriteMovies Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2021 is now open! We’re looking for writers to submit scripts that take audiences to strange new locations and introduce them to otherworldly characters.
As we approach the end of 2020, it’s also the end of yet another contest – it’s time to announce the winners of our Fall 2020 Screenwriting Contest! Today’s the day we award our top three with script development, pitching to industry, and more, and also give away our Grand Prize of $3500.
You frightened us with your submissions to our Horror Award, but now it’s time to see if you can tug at our heartstrings and make us laugh. Continuing our celebration of great writing across all genres, the WriteMovies Romance and Comedy Award 2021 is now OPEN!