Here you can find information about current vacancies at WriteMovies, including details about our Virtual Internships/Traineeships.
Los Angeles Film & TV Industry Liaison role for WriteMovies and TalentScout International Management
To reflect changes to other roles in the business, longstanding screenwriting website WriteMovies.com and its agency partner TalentScout International Management are looking to recruit a new Industry Liaison based in Los Angeles, initially in a part-time role with potential to grow into a full-time role in future.
The aim is to hire someone already based in Los Angeles with a demonstrable track record of engaging with industry and promoting high quality scripts, who will support the company’s ongoing talent pipeline and film production activities – opening new doors every day to help writers get their scripts optioned and produced, get their films made, and provide dynamic ongoing content for the company’s marketing platforms in the process.
Candidates should be able to prove their successful track record of working in person in LA to promote great writing and promote their activities on digital platforms. Industry references will be needed, and interviews will be held in LA on March 2nd – 6th 2020.
This is a freelance ongoing position, on potentially flexible terms but with monthly minimums required and guaranteed, plus additional responsibilities and additional profitshare available to incentivize growing our client base and productivity. Some aspects of the role may be negotiable subject to guaranteed minimums.
Please email email@example.com to express your interest and show your potential suitability for the role. Full details will be provided to suitable candidates.
Bilingual in English-German? Love movies and writing? Get in touch!
For staffing reasons, we’ve had to close our longstanding competitions access for German-language writers – but if you’re bilingual and would like to relaunch and run those services for us, get in touch!
Our competitions have provided a unique point of entry to the international market for writers in French and German for many years, but at the moment we only have staffing to continue to provide script consultancies in French.
If you think you’d be able to deliver these services in German reliably and promptly on a part-time basis, we’d love to hear from you. We need someone who would:
- Be fully bilingual in English and German, with a high standard of written communication.
- Be prepared to complete a WriteMovies internship (in English) for full training in how to appraise and develop scripts and writers to our standards. (See more about our internships below).
- Rewrite and relaunch our offerings in their language speciality. Provide language-specific text we can turn into promotional graphics.
- Produce regular newsletters in German adapting the best of WriteMovies’ content and offerings into that language.
- Handle enquiries and submissions in German, recommending promising scripts that we could develop and pitch to the international film industry.
- Provide consultancy reports to develop any writer and script that win a high enough placing in our contests based on their recommendation, and adapt or even translate it for pitching to the international industry.
In return we can offer:
- Payment of 50% of submissions value in German.
- Access to around 1000 writers and industry professional contacts in German (to be handled and used appropriately within EU information security guidelines).
If this is of interest, contact our Director of World Wide Development, Ian Kennedy, at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Internship/Traineeship Program with WriteMovies
We run an extensive program designed to offer on the job experience to individuals looking to secure challenging positions in the entertainment industry. The program can be completed from home by email, over a period of 8 weeks. Your work will include working on real live scripts to develop:
- Script Coverage: You will be taught how to analyse screenplays and novels according to the guidelines determined by the studios, by a studio trained pro. Whatever you end up doing in the industry, be it producing, directing, writing, acting… nothing is more important than having a good understanding of what makes a script work.
- Development: You will learn to critique screenplays and novels, and provide development notes both for executives and writers. An in depth knowledge of this craft will make you a valuable asset to any studios development department and greatly improve your chances of securing one of these coveted positions. Find out by working with our management company what the studios and production companies are looking for and to find and develop projects for them.
- Extracts of the best work you produce may be published on this site, may contribute to our assessment of entries to our competitions, or may even contribute to the reports we send to writers, though these will always be primarily written by an experienced WriteMovies analyst.
- Criteria: We are looking for literate individuals who are passionate about the industry and not scared of hard work and long hours.
If you’d like to apply for our virtual internship, please email email@example.com.
Since we were established in Hollywood in 1999 we’ve been the company who help you choose the best scripts and projects, develop them to their fulfil their potential, and get them sold and produced, with two Oscar-nominated writers among our notable success stories. Our acclaimed services and contests mirror how your script will fare in the industry right now.
Any writer looking to move their script to a higher level can’t go wrong by turning to WriteMovies for feedback.