WriteMovies offer an industry-leading track record of providing truly international screenwriting contests, studio-quality consultancy for writers and producers, and securing our winning writers the deals they deserve in the industry. You can combine our services to get the best possible prospects of success.
Current Screenwriting Contests and Offers:
- Our Fall 2019 Screenwriting Contest is now open for submissions!
- Grand Prize – $2000
- Top three scripts receive a year of free script development worth up to $3200 and guaranteed pitching to industry
- We accept screenplays (feature and short), stageplays, TV pilots, books, and video game scripts
- Get free entry to our current contest when you buy one of our script report services:
- Spring 2019 Screenwriting Contest now closed – Winner Announced August 16th!
- WriteMovies Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2019 – winner announced!
TIP: Studio Coverage is a report that an analyst would give a producer/studio which assesses the current potential of the script and writer, and recommends whether the script and writer are currently worth commissioning (and a ‘Recommend’ is quite rare due to the high risks involved with producing a film). Judging Feedback provides briefer extracts from the same report, without some sections. Development Notes are designed to help the writer achieve their goals with the script and improve its commercial potential.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
“By Submitting work to WriteMovies, I agree:
1. To the accuracy of the information provided.
2. That the material submitted is my sole and original work and that I own all rights to it.
3. To my holding WriteMovies and all those involved in it, harmless from and defends them against all claims demands, losses, costs, damages, judgments, liabilities and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any stories submitted to the competition or on any screenplay developed out of such stories.
4.That I recognize that WriteMovies and those involved in the competition to which this submitted entry pertains, may have access to, and/or, may have created, or have commissioned, through some other independent source, or may have otherwise acquired, literary materials and concepts, similar to the material submitted hereunder, in theme, idea, plot, format, or in any other respect. I agree that I will not under such circumstances, be entitled to any compensation, nor consideration of any kind, through the use by WriteMovies of any material so acquired. The ownership of any literary work submitted shall remain vested in the author, until otherwise assigned by contract.
5.That should I be one of the winners, I grant WriteMovies the exclusive right to submit my material to as many studios, production companies and agencies as seen fit, for a period of ninety days from the announcement of the competition winners. I also grant WriteMovies the right to use my name, as well as the title and synopsis of my submitted material, in all publicity and promotional activities related to the competition. I also grant WriteMovies the right to contact me to provide me with contest updates.
6. That the burden of obtaining copyright or otherwise protecting any proprietary interests in the material rests entirely with me.”
Submit to us today...
Our Grand Prize contest (and entering our Special Prize contests too) offer $2000 prize money, a year of free script consultancy and guaranteed pitching to the industry, plus InkTip bonuses.
And then email us!