WriteMovies offer an industry-recognized track record of providing truly international writing contests, studio-quality consultancy for writers and producers, and securing our winning writers the deals they deserve in the industry. You can combine our services to get the best possible prospects of success.
Nobody is better qualified in why films succeed and fail, than our founder Dr. Alex Ross (covering all bases from being a top ex agent of Tarantino and others, to producing a film distributed by Warner Bros, to getting a doctorate in film success and failure), and we’ve got a track record that proves it – click here to find out more! We consider screenplays for film and TV, plus novels with screen potential, and even video game scripts. We have strong credentials in all these areas: our collaborator Habib Zargarpour is a double BAFTA-winning, double Oscar-nominated VFX expert with famous video game credits, and our Director Ian Kennedy gained nearly 150 BBC scriptwriting credits in his 20s. Our writing contests are well represented on international screenwriting websites like Film Freeway, the International Screenwriters’ Association (ISA), MovieBytes, DoneDealPro and others!
Current Writing Contests and Offers:
- Fall 2020 Screenwriting Contest now OPEN!
- Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest now closed – thanks to all who entered!
- Quarter-Finalists will be announced July 17th, Semi-Finalists on July 31st, and Winners and Honorable Mentions on August 14th.
- Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2020 – winner announced!
- Winter 2020 Screenwriting Contest – winner announced!
- WriteMovies Romance and Comedy Award 2020 – winner announced!
- Fall 2019 Screenwriting Contest – winner announced!
- WriteMovies Horror Award 2019 – winner announced!
And why not combine your entry to one of our writing contests, Studio Consulting and Development Notes to receive our DELUXE PACKAGE for just $229! That’s a major discount. CLICK HERE…
TIP: Studio Coverage is a report that an analyst would give a producer/studio which assesses the current potential of the script and writer, and recommends whether the script and writer are currently worth commissioning (and a ‘Recommend’ is quite rare due to the high risks involved with producing a film). Development Notes are designed to help the writer achieve their goals with the script and improve its commercial potential.
By submitting to any of our writing contests or consultancy packages…
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
“By Submitting work to WriteMovies, I agree:
1. To the accuracy of the information provided.
2. That the material submitted is my sole and original work and that I own all rights to it.
3. To my holding WriteMovies and all those involved in it, harmless from and defends them against all claims demands, losses, costs, damages, judgments, liabilities and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any stories submitted to the competition or on any screenplay developed out of such stories.
4.That I recognize that WriteMovies and those involved in the competition to which this submitted entry pertains, may have access to, and/or, may have created, or have commissioned, through some other independent source, or may have otherwise acquired, literary materials and concepts, similar to the material submitted hereunder, in theme, idea, plot, format, or in any other respect. I agree that I will not under such circumstances, be entitled to any compensation, nor consideration of any kind, through the use by WriteMovies of any material so acquired. The ownership of any literary work submitted shall remain vested in the author, until otherwise assigned by contract.
5.That should I be one of the winners, I grant WriteMovies the exclusive right to submit my material to as many studios, production companies and agencies as seen fit, for a period of ninety days from the announcement of the competition winners. I also grant WriteMovies the right to use my name, as well as the title and synopsis of my submitted material, in all publicity and promotional activities related to the competition. I also grant WriteMovies the right to contact me to provide me with contest updates.
6. That the burden of obtaining copyright or otherwise protecting any proprietary interests in the material rests entirely with me.”
Submit your writing to us today...
Our Grand Prize contest (and entering our Special Prize contests too) offer $2000 prize money, a year of free script consultancy and guaranteed pitching to the industry, plus InkTip bonuses.
And then email us!