We know that life under lockdown is hard for a lot of people at the moment, and that can make it easy to miss a deadline. So we’re providing a 2 week extension for our Summer 2020 Writing Contest, with continued script offers around resubmissions and multiple entries!
You’ve got 1 week to submit to our Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest! The final deadline of Sunday June 14th is fast approaching, so don’t miss your chance.
There are great prizes to be won, with a Grand Prize of $2000! Plus, the top three scripts in the Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest all receive:
- A year of free script development worth up to $3200
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Exclusive previews of WriteMovies Academy, our unique Virtual Film School
- Exclusive prizes from InkTip
We develop our winners’ scripts to help fulfil their potential and pitch them to top-level producers and execs who can make them happen. To get your script out there at its best, this is your chance.
All our contests are designed to show you how your script currently stacks up to the competition, with up to 50+ Quarter-Finalists, 25+ Semi-Finalists, 7+ Honorable Mentions and 3 winners. Submit today if you want to find out where your project stands.
The final deadline for our Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2020 is fast approaching! The winner will receive:
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Two sets of Development Notes to help take their script to the next level
- Further advice to fine tune their script from our experts
Plus, all entries to the award automatically receive FREE entry to the Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest, with the chance to win the Grand Prize of $2000!
The winner of last year’s Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award was THE TIME-TRAP by Mark Flood, which has already received interest from top producers. Don’t miss out on your chance to follow in his footsteps and get your script out there.
The Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2020 deadline is THIS SUNDAY, May 31st – make sure you submit by then!
Parting is such sweet sorrow… and we can’t bear to say goodbye to our Winter 2020 Screenwriting Contest just yet. So as a result, we’ve decided to give this contest a one week extension!
You’ve now got until Sunday March 8th to submit, giving yourself a chance to win great prizes from us here at WriteMovies – not to mention the prestige of becoming one of our winners!
We’ve talked enough about what the contest prizes are in our newsletters and articles – but if you need a reminder, there’s $2000 up for grabs for our Grand Prize winner, plus a year of free script development and guaranteed pitching to industry for our top three scripts!
Our Director, Ian Kennedy, will be sharing some of his Hollywood/LA diary with us over the next few weeks, with news of meetings at major studios and with elite producers, giving you insight into what goes on behind the scenes at WriteMovies. Make sure you don’t miss out, so you know how we present our winners to industry.
And in the meantime, put yourself in the best possible position by entering our contest! The window of opportunity is still open… for the moment. Click here to submit by Sunday March 8th for your chance to win the WriteMovies Winter 2020 Screenwriting Contest!
The last WriteMovies competition of 2019 – our 20th anniversary year – is over. It’s been a fantastic contest, with amazing scripts at every stage – but in the end, there can only be one victor. And today is the day that we announce the winner!
What is it that separates our winner from the rest? How do we make that decision? We’ve given our hints and tips in the past, but here’s a quick guide for all you screenwriters as you hone your craft…
- Come up with a concept that we haven’t seen before. Your script needs a unique selling point that will make people sit up and take notice!
- Grab us in the first ten pages. These are the most important pages of your script, your chance to make a good impression; make sure you don’t have a weak opening.
- Get us invested in your characters before hitting us with the action. We need a reason to care about the things that are happening – and that means we need to care about the people those things are happening to!
- Make sure you understand the basics before trying anything more complicated. The true masters of the craft know the fundamentals inside and out, and often the best scripts are the ones that implement do the simplest things well.
These are all things we’re looking for when judging – and the things that guided us when making our decision this time around as we picked… the WriteMovies Fall 2019 Screenwriting Contest winner!
|2nd Place||3rd Place|
|GHOSTED, WITH LOVE,
|THE PAPER ROUTE,
|SUNSHINE STATE: DUENDE,
|WHEN NIGHT AWAKENS,
Il y a deux semaines, nous annoncions le vainqueur du tout premier concours sur le thème de l’horreur : MONGER de David Axe. Maintenant, il est temps de passer à l’étape suivante, les quarts de finale du Concours Automne 2019.
This is where the competition starts hotting up! We’ve been hard at work reading and judging for our Fall 2019 Screenwriting Contest, and after some careful decision making, we’ve decided on our semi-finalists…