Grand Prize: $2000
Plus, the top three scripts in the Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest all receive:
- A year of free script development worth up to $3200
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Exclusive previews of WriteMovies Academy, our unique Virtual Film School
- Exclusive prizes from InkTip
And you can get free entry to the Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest when you buy script feedback from us:
Since 1999, WriteMovies’ screenwriting contests guarantee to develop our winners’ projects at our own expense and pitch them to producers with the power to make them happen. Our contests are designed to show you exactly how well your script currently competes in the market, and a clear ladder to success.
Our results – with up to 50+ Quarter-Finalists, 25+ Semi-Finalists, 7+ Honorable Mentions and 3 winners – show you where your project currently sits in comparison to others, and our studio-quality tiers of script mentoring and script consultancy show you its potential and how to remove the obstacles to that success without compromising on the things that matter most to you about your script.
Because we’re serious about selling our winners’ scripts, and we can prove we have the contacts and meetings to put them in front of decision makers at the heart of the international entertainment industry, our contests are designed to give all writers a clear sense of where their script currently stands in the market – and the clear answers you need about all that your project could achieve and how to fulfil it.
As the impact of Coronavirus sweeps across the globe, we’ve reshaped our packages to give the best possible support to writers, whatever challenges they’re facing right now:
- Buy a consultancy report and we’ll work to get it to you as quickly as possible – and then you can resubmit your new draft of the same script before the end of the contest, free of charge, once it’s ready.
- Discounts for multiple mentoring packages: if you buy a second script report from us, you’ll receive a $10 discount, and if you buy a third, the discount goes up to $20. That means you can get Studio Coverage for your third script for as little as $79, or Development Notes for as little as $129!
- We’re re-establishing payment methods in multiple currencies in the English-speaking world so you can pay in the most efficient or tax-relevant currency for you.
Entry fees and deadline dates for each medium:
|Entry Windows||Screenplays, Stageplays, and TV Pilots||Books & Video Games|
(March 23rd – May 3rd)
(May 4th – June 14th)
|Submit here||Submit here|
There is an additional cost of $0.5 for each additional page over 130 for feature scripts and stageplays, and an additional cost of $0.5 for each additional page over 200 for books.
Results dates – Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest
|Quarter-Finals||Semi-Finals||Finals and Winners|
|July 17th||July 31st||August 14th|
Entry terms and prizes for the Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest:
- We no longer accept checks due to issues with fraud. Please use the PayPal options when participating. Please ensure you can send AND receive payments via PayPal.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Once a project has been processed, there is no refund.
- Cancellations must be requested within 48 hours before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed.
- Entries MUST have a cover sheet/titlepage with contact info in order to be considered.
- Grand Prize: $2,000 cash prize and guaranteed representation. 1 Full year of script mentoring for the top three winners, including development notes on all re-writes of the top 3 winning scripts. Worth $3,200
- Up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company makes an offer on your script, we will fly you to Los Angeles and cover your flight & hotel costs for three days. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies. You keep ALL the option/sales money (unless you commission an agent, manager or attorney to represent you). The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. The names of the top three winners and their projects are mentioned in press releases and on the web.
- InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
Winners will receive an InkTip Script Listing and have their logline featured in InkTip Magazine so they can promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. InkTip Magazine is sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.