WriteMovies is a screenwriting website with a full-circle approach to making aspiring screenwriters, playwrights and other writers into winners, pitching them to industry and selling their scripts to producers who can get them produced!
Founded in 1999 by Alex Ross, WriteMovies simultaneously addresses the needs of writers in English, French and German. Apart from a popular writing competition and writing consultancy business, the site offers tips, articles, interviews, reviews, and more to help both beginners and more experienced writers in their chosen profession of screenwriting.
Amongst the writers discovered by Alex are Andrew Niccol, who wrote and produced THE TRUMAN SHOW (for which he received an Academy Award nomination), and Iris Yamashita, who also received an Academy Award nomination for her script LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA. We are proud of our writers and proud to have made, and continue to make, a difference.
- Alex Ross – Find out more about the founder of WriteMovies.
- You About Us – See what our customers are saying about us.
- Frequently Asked Questions – You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers!
- Current Vacancies – Come and work for Writemovies.com Check out the latest vacancies here…
- Contact Us – Get in touch with us and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.
- From time to time, WriteMovies may accept articles and content from guest authors. All such content will only be accepted if it meets our editorial guidelines, standards and values, and if it adds genuine value and insight for our audience, and if it does not seek or claim our endorsement for any product or individual or company. While we welcome any suggested content that meets those standards and values, please do not request or submit potential guest articles to us unless they genuinely share our editorial values and meets the needs and interests of our audience.
- Our Year: 2017 – 2018 – A Year in the Life of WriteMovies
- Our Year: 2016 – 2017 – A Year in the Life of WriteMovies
Since we were established in Hollywood in 1999 we’ve been the company who help you choose the best scripts and projects, develop them to their fulfil their potential, and get them sold and produced, with two Oscar-nominated writers among our notable success stories. Our acclaimed services and contests mirror how your script will fare in the industry right now.