Founded alongside WriteMovies in 1999, TSIM is our industry-facing partner organisation, promoting our award-winning scripts and other projects on our slate to the international entertainment industry. With our latest rounds of industry pitching underway this Fall, here’s your chance to see the new-look TSIM website and many of the projects we are currently pitching to industry!
It’s been an exciting time for our winners – as well as the new Success Stories we’ve already shared with you about exciting deals that Vanisha and Elizabeth have done thanks to their wins with us, we’ve got at least two more to come, which we’re itching to be able to reveal! Watch this space… but that’s just the start. We’ve got a lot of other entertainment industry discussions and activity to share with you this Fall. Here are other exciting discussions and outcomes we’ve been gearing up for this summer: (more…)
What does it take to win a screenwriting contest? WriteMovies Director Ian Kennedy interviews Vanisha Renée Pierce about her successes in our contests and what helped her scripts to stand out in them.
Ian Kennedy writes: In this series of articles, I’m exploring some reasons we should take Bollywood cinema more seriously – it’s definitely not for everyone, but I for one find it a refreshing way to enjoy movies on different terms to the normal Hollywood mindset. Here, I’ll be looking at the biggest classic of the Bollywood system, SHOLAY (1975), to show why it’s got something distinctive to offer English-speaking audiences.
SHOLAY’s scriptwriting works differently to Hollywood classics and as a script analyst and producer I find that refreshing. On my editors’ suggestions, the film and its songs also found a place in several episodes of the drama series I used to write for, so I had a personal connection to it long before I saw the movie, which made it even more enjoyable to finally see it years later.
That’s less than $5 a day, for a limited time only!
Are you looking to improve your creative writing or screenwriting? Our WriteMovies Academy Lite is the most convenient creative writing and screenwriting course you’ll find, with mentoring to take you to the next level, in your own time – and it costs less than $5 a day!
WriteMovies Academy Lite is loaded with creative challenges, tips, writer prompts and activities to get your creative brain working and test your understanding of you how the real industry works!
You will also receive daily feedback from an international script expert on each activity you complete. Sign up now – for $99 a month, under $5 a day – for a LIMITED TIME ONLY! All main currencies supported.
- A daily prompt to fulfil a short daily routine that will keep you positive, motivated and progressing
- A 30 minute task to achieve this, which includes:
- 20 minutes spent either writing, making sketches or notes, based on a short and simple prompt
- 10 minutes of reflection and sharing from the activity you’ve done, to recognize what it has taught you about yourself and your writing, and get peer support via social media, or by submitting to us at WriteMovies.
- The momentum and stimulation to carry forward into the rest of your day – hopefully enabling you to be creative, productive, focused and successful every day through the lockdown and beyond.
Free Contest Entry
If you join the Academy Lite – you can submit a script to our contests for FREE every month – saving you $49 – half the value of the month’s Academy Lite! You can’t go wrong!
Join our Academy Lite now for only $99 a month for a limited time… all currencies supported.
Alternatively – click here to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and get a personalized offer!
Complete the form above to join our WriteMovies Academy Lite for only $99 a month!
Alternatively, CLICK HERE to email us at email@example.com to discuss your needs and get a personalized offer!
Our unique online film school will take you to new heights and place you closer to the real industry than film schools – for a fraction of the price. And for a limited time only, we are also offering a huge 50% DISCOUNT for anyone who signs up to the Academy's Phase 1, Concept & Theme Development, at $250 (under £250 - available in all currencies)!
This summer we're refreshing all of our WriteMovies services with exclusive special offers, starting with our unique Hollywood virtual film school, WriteMovies Academy. Phase 1, Concept & Theme Development, is loaded with exclusive online videos, courses, interactive activities, daily mentoring and feedback designed to constantly sharpen your understanding of screenwriting concepts, the industry and its needs from writers, and above all the quality and success of your OWN concepts and pitches for scripts that will attract producers and global audiences. Whatever your level and experience, get mentoring and powerful new approaches at your own pace - sign up today right here, using the form on the right!
Alternatively CLICK HERE to find out more about WriteMovies Academy, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs and build a personalized package.
What you get, in every Phase...
Our courses enable you to work from home at your own pace, focus on the areas you need most, and generate INDUSTRY-READY concepts, materials, scripts and plans from the start!
- A reading list and watching list to complete before or during your course based on purely upon the books the industry ACTUALLY uses and refers to.
- Industry-quality insight into all the areas you’re upskilling, in a clear logical sequence.
- Creative Challenges and feedback designed to get you inspired, generating pitch-ready material, and progressing every day.
- A series of exclusive online Mini-Masterclass videos (password access) and other tools, activities, articles and materials (provided by email every week)
- Documents and resources and activities to test your understanding on real productions and make your own ideas stand out.
- Expert input and daily or weekly feedback on your work from our Hollywood writing experts.
- Opportunities to turn your learning and materials into production-ready scripts and Proofs-Of-Concept as you learn.
- Personalized focus and scheduling.
- Free Consultancy/Mentoring reports provided in the industry-standard formats we provide to WriteMovies customers, at the end of key Phases of your project, to show the current standing of your project in the marketplace and what to do next
- Free entry to any main WriteMovies contest - where the top 3 are guaranteed a year of free script development from us and pitching to industry!
- A professional-print-quality certificate you can keep to prove your achievements
- Exclusive access to all of the new Mini-Masterclass videos we share in the future!
Sign up using the form at the top right of this page.
What you get in Phase 1 - Concept And Development... click here!
Anyone can throw genre cliches together, but it’s the concept and the depth of how you explore your theme which will really mark you out and create your ‘voice’ as a writer. Whatever your skill level and experience, trust our industry experts to give you new and unique insights, tools and approaches to unlock and focus your potential. For a limited time only, this course is available HALF PRICE at $250 (under £250 - all currencies supported).
Phase 1 includes full access to all of our extensive online courses, sessions and resources exploring these topics, both now and whenever we add more in future. It also includes an extensive set of activities to extend and mentor your upon, at your own pace. These online courses include:
- Introduction to Concept and Development
- What Producers Want From Writers
- Killer Concepts – Generating Ideas for Your Scripts
- Key Aspects of Writing and Storytelling
- Killer Concepts – Choosing the Right Ideas
- Personal Identities: Creating Compelling Characters
- Genre Workshop – Comedy and Sitcom
- Genre Workshop – Action and Thriller
- Genre Workshop – Horror
This exclusive half-price offer is only available until August 8th! Upgrade your screenwriting skills this summer - sign up now using the form on the right!
We've been selling scripts and other works to the international entertainment industry for decades and develop writers of ANY age and experience level. If you're considering film school, you don't have to leave the house or go $100k into debt! No one gives you an industry writing job because you went to a specific film school. You get one because of the quality of your writing sample. Our complete course is a fraction of the $100k cost of Film School and available from home wherever you are, in your own time! NOBODY is better qualified than our founder Dr. Alex Ross in why films succeed and fail - click here to see why.
Our Academy sessions have already received much acclaim, all of which we publish here, with an overall user rating of over 9/10 across all Phases! For example, our first 53 user feedback reports gave the quality of the Mini-Masterclass presenters a 93% rating, the presentation media and resources a 91% rating, the presentation content an 89% rating, the activities an 89% rating - and meanwhile their own confidence in the subjects covered leapt 18.5% and their confidence in their own projects leapt 17% - per Phase of the course!