The WriteMovies Horror Award 2019 is almost over! With just two days until the contest closes, your chance to submit – and to become the first ever winner of this brand new prize – is fading fast. We’re saying goodbye to it with one final article celebrating the genre: our insights into zombie films!
There’s just one week to go until our inaugural Horror Award closes for submissions – meaning your chance to become the first ever winner of this new award is nearly over! But what are the advantages of writing in this genre?
There’s a good reason why we picked horror as the second genre to celebrate in our new series of awards. It’s a fantastic proving ground for new filmmakers to achieve success – and that includes writers! Here are some of the reasons why you should be writing horror…
- It’s almost always in high demand, giving you a better chance of getting into production than some other genres! Here at WriteMovies, we get plenty of interest in horror scripts from producers and companies. And that’s because…
- It’s often cheap to produce. A lot of classic horror tropes use a small number of locations and a small cast, and the use of suspense also cuts costs compared to all-out action! But even if your horror script doesn’t look so cheap, that might not be a problem–
- Because there’s a strong core audience for horror. Some people just can’t get enough of it, meaning that horror films have a good chance of recouping their budget and then providing profits!
So make sure you submit your script to our Horror Award by this Sunday, September 29th! The winner will receive two sets of Development Notes, guaranteed pitching to industry, and further advice on script development…
Plus all submissions get free entry to the Fall 2019 Screenwriting Contest, and the chance to win the Grand Prize of $2000!
We’re celebrating our new Horror Award with a series of articles about our favorite films and TV shows in horror. Find out what scares us the most… and what we’re looking for from a horror script! Next up: GET OUT…
The WriteMovies Horror Award deadline approaches… With just two weeks to go until the competition closes, make sure you don’t miss out on the chance to become the first ever winner of this new prize!
For our 20th Anniversary year, we decided to celebrate great writing with a series of genre awards. After the success of our Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award in the spring, horror is the next genre we wanted to get people writing.
Do you think you’ve got a talent for scaring people? Whether it’s serial killers or monsters, drenched in blood or all in the mind, we’d love to read what you’ve got!
The winner of this award will receive:
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Two sets of Development Notes to help take their script to the next level
- Further advice to fine tune their script from our experts
Most importantly though, this is your opportunity to be the first writer to win the award for this genre. Prove your skills as a screenwriter and be recognized for your work!
Remember, the Horror Award deadline is just two weeks away on September 29th. Make sure you submit by then to take your first steps towards becoming one of our winners!
If you need some inspiration before then, take a look at our reviews of some of our favorite horror films and shows. Find out what we like and what we’re looking for in a horror script.
With films from Marvel, Star Wars, and other big franchises dominating the box office these days, a lot of screenwriters are left wanting to write big budget films. You have to spend money to make money, right?
We’re celebrating our new Horror Award with a series of articles about our favorite films and TV shows in horror. Find out what scares us the most… and what we’re looking for from a horror script! Next up: ALIEN… (more…)
We’re celebrating our new Horror Award with a series of articles about our favorite films and TV shows in horror. Find out what scares us the most… and what we’re looking for from a horror script! Next up: THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE… (more…)