Script concept and theme – the originality and depth that will truly mark you out.
Anyone can throw genre cliches together to cobble together a script, but real script concept and theme work makes all the difference. It’s the concept and the depth of how you explore your theme which will really mark you out and create your ‘voice’ as a writer. Let our industry experts give you new and unique insights, tools and approaches to unlock and focus yours.
Enrolment open – Phase 1 now live!
What You Get…
Testimonials and how to join…
|Phase 1 – Script Concept and Theme includes:
- Identify yourself, your status and your goals
- Watch list and reading list
- Reality check, and what producers and commissioners actually need from writers and want
- Demographics – who is your project really for?
- Writing franchises and why they make business sense
- Key aspects of all writing: overview. We’ll keep adding more in-depth Mini-Masterclasses about each of them over time. Here’s one to start: Personal Identities and how to use them well!
- Generating ideas
- Choosing the right ideas when considering script concept and theme. The difference between being a professional and an enthusiast and why it matters to you. Originality and its traps and risks.
- And more, ongoing – we’ll keep adding extra videos, Mini-Masterclasses, tools and approaches. So watch this space!
Sign up using the form on the right, or find out more by contacting us using the form below. To Contact us: For enquiries about the script development program, please fill in the contact form and state your interest in the development program. Someone from our team will get back to you with details about how to apply, within 4 working days.
|Acclaim for Phase 1 – Script Concept and Theme from users so far includes:
- “Nice bite sized, easily DIGESTIBLE, Nicely PACED”
- “I have some good tools for solving some sticking points in a couple of my exciting projects”
- “A very informative session”
To just sign up for this Phase, use this form. Links to the other Phases are below, or sign up to the full course (within which this Phase is provided for free).
Fill out the following form to sign up to the full course for $3000 (within which this Phase will be provided for free):
Alternatively, choose whichever combination of Phases you need – no need to pay for anything you don’t! Full information and booking forms for each Phase are at the links below.
- Phase 0 (Project Selection, Additional consultation & notes): $250 (or free if you buy the full course for $3000!)
- Phase 1 (Script Concept and Theme Development): $500
- Phase 2 (Planning and Outlining): $500
- Phase 3 (First Draft and Coverage):
- Phase 4 (Second Drafts and Coverage): $500
- Phase 5 (Pitching and Promoting): $500
- Phase 6 (Production, the Wrap, and the Long Game): $500 per year for ongoing support
Terms and Conditions:
- Note: We no longer accept checks due to issues with fraud. Please use the Paypal options when participating.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Refunds or cancellations must be requested within 14 days and/or before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed Consulting report (which will typically be within 7-14 days). Disagreement with the opinion and suggestions of the Analyst is not accepted as valid grounds for a refund, however we are happy to receive other feedback and enquiries.
- If you agree to us pitching your script, you can earn up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company with theatrical credits wishes to option the script, we will fly the winner to Los Angeles and pay (up to $4,000) for their accommodation. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies (such as Neal Moritz Productions, Bruckheimer Films, Scott Rudin Prods.) and studios (Paramount, Warner Bros, Universal, etc.). You keep ALL the option/sales money up to $1m. The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. We will pitch your script to companies such as CAA, ICM, William Morris Endeavor, ACME, The Gage Group, etc.