The Winter 2018 Screenwriting Contest is now closed! The Quarter-Finalists will be announced February 16th…
Thanks for your submissions to our Winter 2018 contest – our judging phase is now well underway and we’re looking forward to seeing lots more of your scripts and giving the successful writers the break they deserve! Results dates will be…
- Quarter-Finalists: February 16th
- Semi-Finalists: March 2nd
- Book and Teleplay Winners: March 9th
- Final Results and Winners: March 16th
Check out our Writing Tips and Submissions Tips (CLICK HERE) if you haven’t already!
Contest now closed!
Reasons to enter, and details…
|There’s $2000 available in prize money, plus over $3000 in script development for the 3 winners, and bonuses and promotion through InkTip (see below!) – we promise to develop and promote the winners to the top of the international film industry. Hundreds of writers have found representation or had their scripts produced through our competitions since 1999.|
Why not enter for free by buying one of our other services:
Or, complete the form below! An alternative submission method is also available further down if the form isn’t working for you.
Take your Chance to be the next Academy Award winner discovered by WriteMovies founder Alex Ross. The WriteMovies International Writing Contest for screenwriters, TV Writers, Playwrights, Novelists and Short Story writers. Like 1000’s of other successful writers, you can find out if you have the right project for the studios and if you do, we will go to bat for you! Alex Ross (founder of WriteMovies), has discovered two Academy Award nominees. Will you be the third? Let us show you how to make your script fly. When it does, we will personally submit it to several top agencies, production companies and studios for you. Only 1000 entries will be accepted. Enter early and save! Out of close to three hundred “contest sites”, WriteMovies is one of only a handful that has produced movies from winning projects. THE LIST was written by WriteMovies winner Marcus Folmar and distributed by Warner Bros. Several novels have also been published and plays produced. Production companies, studios and agencies contact us all the time about our winners. The founder of the company discovered Andrew Niccol who wrote & produced THE TRUMAN SHOW (Academy Nominated) as well as Iris Yamashita, Academy Nominated for LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA amongst others. We succeed when you succeed.
Here’s the breakdown for the entry periods and fees:
The results dates will be:
Entry terms and prizes:
Alternative Submission Method…
If you need another way of submitting, use these options:
Make your purchase here (depending on the submission date, further payment may be needed):
To simply enter the main Contest (PayPal & cards accepted):
- Click HERE to generate an email (if you have email software installed), or just create an email to “email@example.com” yourself.
- ATTACH your script file, ensuring that it has a coversheet with your contact details (File Formats: pdf, txt, doc, docx).
- Then SELECT, COPY AND PASTE all of the text from below, into the body of the email.
- Add your details to it as indicated – all items marked * are essential for legal purposes and your script may be rejected or returned to you if any of them are missing.
- Once you’re done, hit Send!
What to select, copy and paste (all of the below, until the end of the box!):
Please find attached my submission to WRITEMOVIES. I have made payment via the PayPal options provided on the WriteMovies website on: (DATE OF PAYMENT)
(Simply type or paste your answers (in brief) at the end of these questions…)
- How did you hear about us?:
- *First Name:
- *Last Name:
- *Email address:
- Twitter handle (so we can give you a shout-out if you’re successful!):
- Contact phone number:
- *Mailing address (needed, to help us prove that we are not engaged in a fraudulent or money-laundering activities – we will not send you any direct mail unless you win a contest and consent to receiving items by post):
- Please tell us a little about your writing background:
- *Title of Project:
- *Number of Pages:
- *Entry Type (choose one and delete the others): Screenplay / Pilot / Spec / Book / Play / Short Story
- Additional Authors:
- Brief Synopsis:
- Would you like to receive the WriteMovies newsletter? Yes/No:
- Additional Comments:
By sending this email, I agree:
1. To the accuracy of the information provided.
2. That the material submitted is my sole and original work and that I own all rights to it.
3. To my holding WriteMovies and all those involved in it, harmless from and defends them against all claims demands, losses, costs, damages, judgments, liabilities and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any stories submitted to the competition or on any screenplay developed out of such stories.
4. That I recognize that WriteMovies and those involved in the competition to which this submitted entry pertains, may have access to, and/or, may have created, or have commissioned, through some other independent source, or may have otherwise acquired, literary materials and concepts, similar to the material submitted hereunder, in theme, idea, plot, format, or in any other respect. I agree that I will not under such circumstances, be entitled to any compensation, nor consideration of any kind, through the use by WriteMovies of any material so acquired. The ownership of any literary work submitted shall remain vested in the author, until otherwise assigned by contract.
5. That should I be one of the winners, I grant WriteMovies the exclusive right to submit my material to as many studios, production companies and agencies as seen fit, for a period of ninety days. I also grant WriteMovies the right to use my name, as well as the title and synopsis of my submitted material, in all publicity and promotional activities related to the competition. I also grant WriteMovies the right to contact me to provide me with contest updates.
6. That the burden of obtaining copyright or otherwise protecting any proprietary interests in the material rests entirely with me.
Thanks very much!