WriteMovies Academy Phase 2 – Planning and Outlining
Script planning and outlining – everything you need to be ready to write.
One of the first stages of screenwriting is script planning and outlining. Find out all about story structure, characters, and which are the most beneficial tools to keep you on track with help from our professional industry experts.
Enrolment open: Phase 2 now live!
What You Get…
Testimonials and how to join…
|Phase 2 – Script Planning and Outlining includes:
- How to apply these tools – knowing yourself and what works for you when script planning
- Adaptations… and why we didn’t include them in Phase 1!
- What’s at the heart of your story? Crystallizing it to ensure you stay on track
- Story Types – tapping into our universal expectations of stories
- Story Structure – all the key points your story needs
- Adding Depth to your story
- Treatments, Outlines, Beat Sheets, Scene-by-Scenes, and Beats – all the necessary tools for script planning
- And more, ongoing – we’ll keep adding extra videos, Mini-Masterclasses, tools and approaches and you’ll always have access to them. So watch this space!
Sign up using the form on the right, or find out more by contacting us using the form below. To Contact us: For enquiries about the script development program, please fill in the contact form and state your interest in the development program. Someone from our team will get back to you with details about how to apply, within 4 working days.
|Acclaim for Phase 2 – Script Planning and Outlining from users so far includes:
- “Well presented. Good use of well known films to relate to”
- “A good balance – full on presentation information but with time to carry out exercises”
- “A very useful course for me personally”
To just sign up for this Phase, use this form. Links to the other Phases are below, or sign up to the full course (within which this Phase is provided for free).
To sign up to the full course for $3000 (within which this Phase will be provided for free):
Alternatively, choose whichever combination of Phases you need – no need to pay for anything you don’t! Full information and booking forms for each Phase are at the links below.
- Phase 0 (Project Selection, Additional consultation & notes): $250 (or free if you buy the full course for $3000!)
- Phase 1 (concept & development): $500
- Phase 2 (script plannng & outlining): $500
- Phase 3 (1st draft & coverage):
- Phase 4 (writing is rewriting & 2nd draft coverage): $500
- Phase 5 (pitching and promoting your script): $500
- Phase 6 (that’s a wrap): $500 per year for ongoing support
Terms and Conditions:
- Note: We no longer accept checks due to issues with fraud. Please use the Paypal options when participating.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Refunds or cancellations must be requested within 14 days and/or before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed Consulting report (which will typically be within 7-14 days). Disagreement with the opinion and suggestions of the Analyst is not accepted as valid grounds for a refund, however we are happy to receive other feedback and enquiries.
- If you agree to us pitching your script, you can earn up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company with theatrical credits wishes to option the script, we will fly the winner to Los Angeles and pay (up to $4,000) for their accommodation. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies (such as Neal Moritz Productions, Bruckheimer Films, Scott Rudin Prods.) and studios (Paramount, Warner Bros, Universal, etc.). You keep ALL the option/sales money up to $1m. The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. We will pitch your script to companies such as CAA, ICM, William Morris Endeavor, ACME, The Gage Group, etc.