Information below about our Virtual Internships/Traineeships, and how you could become an industry player for French or German language writers…!
Bilingual in English-French or English-German? Love movies and writing? Get in touch!
For staffing reasons, we’ve had to close our longstanding competitions access for French- and German-language writers – but if you’re bilingual and would like to relaunch and run those services for us, get in touch! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Our competitions have provided a unique point of entry to the international market for writers in French and German for many years, but at the moment we only have staffing within those languages to continue to provide script consultancies in French. But we’d be delighted to hear from you if you think you could be able to deliver these services reliably and promptly on a part-time basis. We need someone who would:
- Be fully bilingual in English and either French or German, with a high standard of written communication in your chosen language.
- Be prepared to complete a WriteMovies internship (in English) for full training in how to appraise and develop scripts and writers to our standards. (More about our internships here: http://writemovies.com/about/current-vacancies/ )
- Rewrite and relaunch our offerings in their language specialty. Provide language-specific text we can turn into promotional graphics.
- Produce regular newsletters in that language adapting the best of WriteMovies’ content and offerings into their language.
- Handle enquiries and submissions in the language chosen, recommending promising scripts that we could develop and pitch to the international film industry.
- Provide consultancy reports to develop any writer and script that win a high enough placing in our contests based on their recommendation, and adapt or even translate it for pitching to the international industry.
In return we can offer:
- Payment of 50% of submissions value in your chosen language.
- Access to around 1000 writers and industry professional contacts in your chosen language (to be handled and used appropriately within EU information security guidelines).
If this is of interest, contact our Director of World Wide Development Ian Kennedy, ianAT writemoviesDOTcom.
Internship/Traineeship Program with WriteMovies
We run an extensive program designed to offer on the job experience to individuals looking to secure challenging positions in the entertainment industry. The program can be completed from home by email, over a period of 8 weeks. Your work will include working on real live scripts to develop:
Script Coverage: You will be taught how to analyse screenplays and novels according to the guidelines determined by the studios, by a studio trained pro. Whatever you end up doing in the industry, be it producing, directing, writing, acting… nothing is more important than having a good understanding of what makes a script work.
Development: You will learn to critique screenplays and novels, and provide development notes both for executives and writers. An in depth knowledge of this craft will make you a valuable asset to any studios development department and greatly improve your chances of securing one of these coveted positions. Find out by working with our management company what the studios and production companies are looking for and to find and develop projects for them.
Extracts of the best work you produce may be published on this site, may contribute to our assessment of entries to our competitions, or may even contribute to the reports we send to writers, though these will always be primarily written by an experienced WriteMovies analyst.
Criteria: We are looking for literate individuals who are passionate about the industry and not scared of hard work and long hours. If this applies to you, email to info ATwritemovies DOTcom.