The winner of this award will receive:
- Guaranteed pitching to industry
- Two sets of Development Notes to help take their script to the next level
- Further advice to fine tune their script from our experts
All submissions for the WriteMovies Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2020 also receive free, automatic entry to our Summer 2020 Screenwriting Contest, with the opportunity to win the Grand Prize of $2000 and many other bonuses (click here)!
And you can also get free entry to both contests when you buy script feedback from us:
Celebrating great writing across all genres… The second edition of the WriteMovies Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award is open for submissions! Take us to brave new worlds full of the strange and fantastical, with ideas that will blow our minds and stretch the limits of our imaginations.
Last year, Mark Flood won the first ever WriteMovies Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award with his script THE TIME-TRAP. After undergoing our script development process to hone it to perfection, it’s been picking up interest from the industry, having been requested by successful producers who it’s now under consideration with… and we promise to develop and pitch the winner of this contest in just the same way!
As the impact of Coronavirus sweeps across the globe, we’ve reshaped our packages to give the best possible support to writers, whatever challenges they’re facing right now:
- Buy a consultancy report and we’ll work to get it to you as quickly as possible – and then you can resubmit your new draft of the same script before the end of the contest, free of charge, once it’s ready.
- Discounts for multiple mentoring packages: if you buy a second script report from us, you’ll receive a $10 discount, and if you buy a third, the discount goes up to $20. That means you can get Studio Coverage for your third script for as little as $79, or Development Notes for as little as $129!
- We’re re-establishing payment methods in multiple currencies in the English-speaking world so you can pay in the most efficient or tax-relevant currency for you.
Entry fees and deadline dates for each medium:
|Entry Windows||Screenplays, Stageplays, and TV Pilots||Books & Video Games|
(March 30th – May 3rd)
Late Entry – 1 Week Extension
(May 4th – June 7th)
|Submit here||Submit here|
There is an additional cost of $0.5 for each additional page over 130 for feature scripts and stageplays, and an additional cost of $0.5 for each additional page over 200 for books.
The winner will be announced on Friday July 3rd
Entry terms and prizes for the WriteMovies Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award 2020 Contest:
- All submissions must be in either the science-fiction or fantasy genres.
- We no longer accept checks due to issues with fraud. Please use the PayPal options when participating. Please ensure you can send AND receive payments via PayPal.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Once a project has been processed, there is no refund.
- Cancellations must be requested within 48 hours before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed.
- Entries MUST have a cover sheet/titlepage with contact info in order to be considered.
- Prize: Guaranteed pitching to industry, two sets of Development Notes, and further advice to fine tune the winning script.
- All submissions receive automatic entry to the WriteMovies Fall 2019 Screenwriting Contest.
- Up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company makes an offer on your script, we will fly you to Los Angeles and cover your flight & hotel costs for three days. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies. You keep ALL the option/sales money (unless you commission an agent, manager or attorney to represent you). The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. The names of the top three winners and their projects are mentioned in press releases and on the web.
- InkTip: Where producers go for scripts and writers.
Winners will receive an InkTip Script Listing and have their logline featured in InkTip Magazine so they can promote themselves and their scripts to InkTip’s entire network of producers, managers, and agents. InkTip Magazine is sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.
Companies who are InkTip members include: ABC, Anonymous Content, APA, CBS Films, HBO Films, ICM, Paradigm, Paramount Pictures, Hallmark Channel, FX, Universal, WME, Echo Lake, Zero Gravity, Bad Robot, 20th Century Fox, and many more.
Producers have made more than 315 films from scripts and writers found through InkTip sent to over 15,000 producers and representatives.