Development Notes give you clear, constructive, studio-quality guidance on the current state of your script and what to do next in order for it to fulfill its potential.
Why do you need Development Notes?
A lot of writers think that they can start showing a first draft around and that the kind of folks in the industry will give them feedback and re-read their subsequent drafts until it works… Checkpoint reality! You get one shot. No one has time to give you feedback, most development execs only read the first 30 pages of a script anyway. As soon as you are logged in with a “pass”, word gets around (most executives exchange notes to avoid wasting their time and resources on bad scripts). A lot of places won’t even look at your script if it comes up as a pass next door. You can re-write it until you are blue in the face, until it really rocks, yet virtually no one will read it. Yes, you can change the title, use an alias and change the page count, but the log line will still catch you out. You can end up with the perfect script, yet you lost that race the day you went out with it the first time.
The only way you can avoid this colossal waste of your time, money, and emotions is to get the best development notes and studio coverage you can find as soon as your first draft is done. That’s where we come in… In the greatest possible detail, our Development Notes will address every issue your script has and provide you with creative suggestions on how to fix it. Knowledge is power, and this is the best form of empowerment available to smart writers who want to play the game at the highest level. We SO believe in what we do that if your script comes back with a “Recommend”, we will submit it to a pride of agents and producers, at no cost to you! All you need to do is commit to your project and make it real, by committing to us. PURCHASE NOW – options below!
WriteMovies Development Notes includes:
- Constructive, professional, and honest feedback on the cinematic potential of your project.
- Additional detailed analysis addressing concept, characters, jeopardy and dialogue and commerciality.
- We will submit recommended projects to top notch agents and producers here in Hollywood.
Screenplays: regular price $224. An additional fee of $0.5/page is required for scripts over 130 pages. UK and EU customers need to use the form on this page (CLICK HERE) in order for us to continue to contact you after May 2018.
Payment and Submissions Form (alternative submission method also provided underneath):
Submissions – General Dates, Deadlines and Terms
|Contest Dates and Deadlines
If you need another way of submitting, use these options:
Make your purchase here (depending on the submission date, further payment may be needed):
To get Development Notes and enter the Main Contest:
- Click HERE to generate an email (if you have email software installed), or just create an email to “email@example.com” yourself.
- ATTACH your script file, ensuring that it has a coversheet with your contact details (File Formats: pdf, txt, doc, docx).
- Then SELECT, COPY AND PASTE all of the text from below, into the body of the email.
- Add your details to it as indicated – all items marked * are essential for legal purposes and your script may be rejected or returned to you if any of them are missing.
- Once you’re done, hit Send!
What to select, copy and paste (all of the below, until the end of the box!):
Please find attached my submission to WRITEMOVIES. I have made payment via the PayPal options provided on the WriteMovies website on: (DATE OF PAYMENT)
(Simply type or paste your answers (in brief) at the end of these questions…)
- How did you hear about us?:
- *First Name:
- *Last Name:
- *Email address:
- Twitter handle (so we can give you a shout-out if you’re successful!):
- Contact phone number:
- *Mailing address (needed, to help us prove that we are not engaged in a fraudulent or money-laundering activities – we will not send you any direct mail unless you win a contest and consent to receiving items by post):
- Please tell us a little about your writing background:
- *Title of Project:
- *Number of Pages:
- *Entry Type (choose one and delete the others): Screenplay / Pilot / Spec / Book / Play / Short Story
- Additional Authors:
- Brief Synopsis:
- Additional Comments:
By sending this email, I agree:
1. To the accuracy of the information provided.
2. That the material submitted is my sole and original work and that I own all rights to it.
3. To my holding WriteMovies and all those involved in it, harmless from and defends them against all claims demands, losses, costs, damages, judgments, liabilities and expenses (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any stories submitted to the competition or on any screenplay developed out of such stories.
4. That I recognize that WriteMovies and those involved in the competition to which this submitted entry pertains, may have access to, and/or, may have created, or have commissioned, through some other independent source, or may have otherwise acquired, literary materials and concepts, similar to the material submitted hereunder, in theme, idea, plot, format, or in any other respect. I agree that I will not under such circumstances, be entitled to any compensation, nor consideration of any kind, through the use by WriteMovies of any material so acquired. The ownership of any literary work submitted shall remain vested in the author, until otherwise assigned by contract.
5. That should I be one of the winners, I grant WriteMovies the exclusive right to submit my material to as many studios, production companies and agencies as seen fit, for a period of ninety days. I also grant WriteMovies the right to use my name, as well as the title and synopsis of my submitted material, in all publicity and promotional activities related to the competition. I also grant WriteMovies the right to contact me to provide me with contest updates.
6. That the burden of obtaining copyright or otherwise protecting any proprietary interests in the material rests entirely with me.
Thanks very much!