If you want to succeed as a screenwriter, your script needs to grab a producer’s attention – and that means you need to know what they’re really looking for.
Find out what producers and commissioners want from writers in this online session from WriteMovies’ Director Ian Kennedy. He’ll discuss all he’s learned from the many pitch meetings he has had with top producers, and tips from our WriteMovies Elite Consultants.
You will learn:
- Coming up with a concept that producers can’t ignore
- Which elements of a script matter most to executives
- The commercial aspect of a script
- Why the first 10 pages are the most important
- The dos and don’ts of approaching producers
- How to work with producers and establish a strong working relationship
Date: View on Demand
Duration: Approximately 1 hour + Q&A
Ian Kennedy has been working in the international screenplay industry since 2010 and has been WriteMovies Director since 2016.
He has helped hundreds of writers to improve their scripts since 2002 and was personally praised by Hollywood players Shaun Redick (producer, GET OUT, BLACKKKLANSMAN) and Peter Saphier (Co-Producer, SCARFACE) after meetings with them.
Previously he wrote 135 scripts for urban BBC series SILVER STREET over the course of 5 years, which won 3 awards during that time (2004-2009).