WriteMovies Academy Phase 6 – Production, The Wrap, and the Long Game
Know how to work with producers and agents – or become one!
Writers might like to think of their work as somehow perfect and separate from the gritty realities of the world, and not dependent on them. In reality, all success depends on working within the industry and the wider marketplace – but if you can master them, you can get the system to work for you, not the other way round.
Enrolment open – Phase 6 now live!.
What You Get…
Testimonials and how to join…
|Phase 6 includes:
- Keeping up with industry developments
- Networking, and finding the right partners
- Understanding Agents – how to prepare, how to present, how to follow up
- Working with Producers
- Different kinds of commission
- Different ways to take your project to market
- Working as a producer – and expect lots more guides to this in future!
- Working as an agent
- And more, ongoing – we’ll keep adding extra videos, Mini-Masterclasses, tools and approaches and you’ll always have access to them. So watch this space!
Sign up using the form on the right, or find out more by contacting us using the form below. To Contact us: For enquiries about the script development program, please fill in the contact form and state your interest in the development program. Someone from our team will get back to you with details about how to apply, within 4 working days.
|Acclaim for Phase 6 from users so far includes:
- “Very useful”
- “…it was very interesting and engaging”
- “I think this is a wonderful collaborative space”
To just sign up for this Phase, use this form. Links to the other Phases are below, or sign up to the full course (within which this Phase is provided for free).
To sign up to the full course for $3000 (within which this Phase will be provided for free):
Alternatively, choose whichever combination of Phases you need – no need to pay for anything you don’t! Full information and booking forms for each Phase are at the links below.
- Phase 0 (Project Selection, Additional consultation & notes): $250 (or free if you buy the full course for $3000!)
- Phase 1 (concept & development): $500
- Phase 2 (development & outlining): $500
- Phase 3 (1st draft & coverage):
- Phase 4 (writing is rewriting & 2nd draft coverage): $500
- Phase 5 (pitching and promoting your script): $500
- Phase 6 (that’s a wrap): $500 per year for ongoing support
About the Academy…
Maybe you have an original story, with great characters, but something is missing… Or, you’ve got a great plot, but the characters don’t seem interesting or believable… Maybe you have a great idea, but you’re not sure how to start… Or, you’ve just completed a first draft and you know it needs work… Or, you’re just not sure!
These are problems many screenwriters encounter. But when it’s just you and your computer, they are often hard to solve. When is your story ready to write a first draft? Or when do you know your script is finally ready to send out to attract that great talent agent or name actor? That’s what we’ll be helping you with…
WriteMovies is offering a new service to screenwriters. Instead of just giving feedback, we’ll guide you through the writing and pitching process, whatever stage you’re in. Whether it’s your first screenplay and all you have is an idea, or you’re an experienced screenwriter with a first draft, we’ll guide you through writing and rewriting. Below are all of the Phases available to you.
Terms and Conditions:
- Note: We no longer accept checks due to issues with fraud. Please use the Paypal options when participating.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Refunds or cancellations must be requested within 14 days and/or before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed Consulting report (which will typically be within 7-14 days). Disagreement with the opinion and suggestions of the Analyst is not accepted as valid grounds for a refund, however we are happy to receive other feedback and enquiries.
- If you agree to us pitching your script, you can earn up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company with theatrical credits wishes to option the script, we will fly the winner to Los Angeles and pay (up to $4,000) for their accommodation. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies (such as Neal Moritz Productions, Bruckheimer Films, Scott Rudin Prods.) and studios (Paramount, Warner Bros, Universal, etc.). You keep ALL the option/sales money up to $1m. The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. We will pitch your script to companies such as CAA, ICM, William Morris Endeavor, ACME, The Gage Group, etc.