Interested in writing science-fiction and fantasy? Learn how to turn the fantastical ideas in your head into a reality with this online workshop from WriteMovies’ Director Ian Kennedy, who’ll be providing insights fresh from our recent Sci-Fi and Fantasy Award!
You’ll find out everything you need to know about world-building, plot and dialogue – and making sure that your script is commercially viable for the screen in genres that often need big budgets.
You will learn:
- Crafting interesting settings that audiences can get lost in
- How to write relatable dialogue free from exposition
- Using these genres to convey unique themes
- Providing your audience with action and spectacle
- Controlling your script’s budget
- Why these genres appeal to audiences – and how to fulfil expectations
Date: July 22nd 2021 + VoD
Time: 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 8pm GMT
Duration: Approximately 1 hour + Q&A
Location: Online via Zoom
Ian Kennedy has been working in the international screenplay industry since 2010 and has been WriteMovies Director since 2016.
He has helped hundreds of writers to improve their scripts since 2002 and was personally praised by Hollywood players Shaun Redick (producer, GET OUT, BLACKKKLANSMAN) and Peter Saphier (Co-Producer, SCARFACE) after meetings with them.
Previously he wrote 135 scripts for urban BBC series SILVER STREET over the course of 5 years, which won 3 awards during that time (2004-2009).