No matter how good you think your first draft is, editing is what makes the real difference in screenwriting and will make your script stand out. If you want your work to stand apart from the crowd, you’ll need to get good at editing – and that’s what this online session is all about!
You will learn:
- Why your first draft still needs work, no matter how good it is
- What to focus on with your second draft
- Making sure every phrase, sentence, and paragraph grabs people’s attention
- Why your first ten pages are so important, and how to get them right
- Proofreading and ensuring your script is really finished
Date: September 9th 2021 + VoD
Time: 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 8pm GMT
Duration: Approximately 1 hour + Q&A
Location: Online via Zoom
Ian Kennedy has been working in the international screenplay industry since 2010 and has been WriteMovies Director since 2016.
He has helped hundreds of writers to improve their scripts since 2002 and was personally praised by Hollywood players Shaun Redick (producer, GET OUT, BLACKKKLANSMAN) and Peter Saphier (Co-Producer, SCARFACE) after meetings with them.
Previously he wrote 135 scripts for urban BBC series SILVER STREET over the course of 5 years, which won 3 awards during that time (2004-2009).