Your action or thriller script needs to excite your reader the same way the film would excite the audience, but how do you do that with words instead of visuals? How do you give someone the thrills they’ll see on the screen when it’s just words on the page? This workshop will teach you everything you need to know about writing action and thriller scripts!
You will learn:
- The importance of genre tropes and how to make them your own
- Setting the tone from the first page
- How to generate and maintain tension
- Writing action sequences that your reader can easily understand and picture
- Who your audience are and how to write for them
Date: September 30th 2021 + VoD
Time: 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 8pm GMT
Duration: Approximately 1 hour + Q&A
Location: Online via Zoom
Ian Kennedy has been working in the international screenplay industry since 2010 and has been WriteMovies Director since 2016.
He has helped hundreds of writers to improve their scripts since 2002 and was personally praised by Hollywood players Shaun Redick (producer, GET OUT, BLACKKKLANSMAN) and Peter Saphier (Co-Producer, SCARFACE) after meetings with them.
Previously he wrote 135 scripts for urban BBC series SILVER STREET over the course of 5 years, which won 3 awards during that time (2004-2009).