What are the most important elements in telling a story? In this online session, we’ll be breaking things down and taking you through all the aspects we GUARANTEE are important for a script to succeed.
Learn from WriteMovies’ Director Ian Kennedy what you really need to focus on when screenwriting – and why these things matter so much.
You will learn:
- Elements such as genre, style, characters, and voices
- How to make these aspects distinctive and unique to you
- Why how you tell the story is as important as what you tell
- Story types and audience expectations
- Exploring the world and context of your story
- Why the right format is so important in screenwriting
Date: July 1st 2021 + VoD
Time: 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT / 8pm GMT
Duration: Approximately 1 hour + Q&A
Location: Online via Zoom
Ian Kennedy has been working in the international screenplay industry since 2010 and has been WriteMovies Director since 2016.
He has helped hundreds of writers to improve their scripts since 2002 and was personally praised by Hollywood players Shaun Redick (producer, GET OUT, BLACKKKLANSMAN) and Peter Saphier (Co-Producer, SCARFACE) after meetings with them.
Previously he wrote 135 scripts for urban BBC series SILVER STREET over the course of 5 years, which won 3 awards during that time (2004-2009).