FOR IAN ONLY
WINTER 2019 Screenwriting contest: Major international writing competition for screenplays, teleplays, books and video game writing - $2500 in prizes and 3 winners get guaranteed representation and pitching to industry, plus $3200 in free script development services, InkTip prizes and more!
Quick submission options…
…then email us!
Sign up for our Newsletter!
Quotes and Writing Tips
Nearly all of the successful scripts began with a strong image (or series of images), and nearly all of the less successful ones didn’t. If you don’t start with a strong image, you’re liable to begin instead with an exposition-heavy dialogue scene – which is likely to draw attention to a number of minus points against you in the mind of your reader.”
- WriteMovies Exclusive: In conversation with Steven Knight, Part 1
- WriteMovies Spring 2018 Contest Winner
- Spring 2018 Contest – Our Second Placed writer and script!
- August Script Sales: A sequel for Crazy Rich Asians, a Hawaiian epic, and Wile E. Coyote to get his moment in the spotlight
- Spring Contest 2018 – Introducing our 3rd Placed writer and script!
- WriteMovies Academy: Phase 0 free when you buy the whole course!
- WriteMovies Academy Phase 1 content is revealed – Concept and Theme Development
- Acclaim for WriteMovies Academy – read the testimonials and comments!
- Introducing the Winner of our Best Long Form Pilot Award!
- Introducing the Winner of our Best Short Script Award!
UK or EU user?
UK and EU followers – don’t miss out on your bridge to the international industry! If you’ve not submitted to us since Oct 1 2017, we need new consent from you to continue to contact you. CLICK HERE.
What I've needed is a good reader for early drafts, and I seem to have found that through your service. While i'm sure there are other good readers at your company, I know that Chris Fazio, who analyzed my submission, is excellent. Is there a way to request him as the analyst for my next submission?