Second draft scripts – what separates the professionals from the rest.
Many people who call themselves writers like to think that their first draft is already great, and just needs polishing. A professional knows that writing is really rewriting: second draft scripts and the refinement of them from there make all the difference. Let us show you slick methods to analyze, edit, rewrite, sharpen and proof your second draft scripts from start to finish.
Enrolment open – Phase 4 now live!
Phase 4 – Second Drafts and Coverage includes:
Acclaim for Phase 4 from fee-paying users so far includes:
|1. Why first drafts are brilliant but terrible
2. Beginning the editing process: what you’re looking out for in second draft scripts
3. Editing phases and writing phases
4. Close up on text: making every phrase, sentence and paragraph grab and hold attention. Point of view and how to use it right.
5. Your First Ten Pages
6. Working with actors – what they really need and want
7. Proofing and finalizing your second draft scripts
8. WriteCrystal – a UNIQUE AND EXCLUSIVE tool for WriteMovies users to develop, write, troubleshoot and rewrite their script.
9. And more, ongoing – we’ll keep adding extra videos, Mini-Masterclasses, tools and approaches and you’ll always have access to them. So watch this space!
|“Very helpful especially read through/act out [activities]”
“Acting opportunities gave a sense of reality to characters, and scene an idea of momentum.”
To sign up for this Phase, use this form. Links to the other Phases are below, or sign up to the full course (within which this Phase is provided for free).
To sign up to the full course for $3000 (within which this Phase will be provided for free):
Alternatively, choose whichever combination of Phases you need – no need to pay for anything you don’t want!
- Phase 0 (Project Selection, Additional consultation & notes): $250 (or free if you buy the full course for $3000!)
- Phase 1 (Concept and Theme Development): $500
- Phase 2 (Planning and Outlining): $500
- Phase 3 (First Draft and Coverage):
- Phase 4 (Second Draft SCripts and Coverage): $500
- Phase 5 (Pitching and Promoting): $500
- Phase 6 (Production, the Wrap, and the Long Game): $500 per year for ongoing support
Terms and Conditions:
- Note: We no longer accept checks due to issues with fraud. Please use the Paypal options when participating.
- There are no physical items deliverable under our services – all reports will be provided by email in standard document formats.
- Refunds or cancellations must be requested within 14 days and/or before any public announcement of winning entries and/or before receipt of any completed Consulting report (which will typically be within 7-14 days). Disagreement with the opinion and suggestions of the Analyst is not accepted as valid grounds for a refund, however we are happy to receive other feedback and enquiries.
- If you agree to us pitching your script, you can earn up to $1 million in option monies from the A-List producers we work with. If an established studio/production company with theatrical credits wishes to option the script, we will fly the winner to Los Angeles and pay (up to $4,000) for their accommodation. We will pitch the top three projects to relevant production companies (such as Neal Moritz Productions, Bruckheimer Films, Scott Rudin Prods.) and studios (Paramount, Warner Bros, Universal, etc.). You keep ALL the option/sales money up to $1m. The Grand Prize winner is also pitched to several literary agencies and management companies as well as non-US companies to increase the chances of a sale. We will pitch your script to companies such as CAA, ICM, William Morris Endeavor, ACME, The Gage Group, etc.