Since we were founded back in 1999, we’ve built up a good network of links and connections to other businesses, companies, and organizations. This page details all the connections and links we have with these various organizations – from talent agencies to contest listing sites, here are all the WriteMovies links and connections that would be most useful to you, our writers.
Sign up for our Newsletter!
WINTER 2019 Screenwriting contest: Major international writing competition for screenplays, teleplays, books and video game writing - $2500 in prizes and 3 winners get guaranteed representation and pitching to industry, plus $3200 in free script development services, InkTip prizes and more!
Quick submission options…
…then email us!
Quotes and Writing Tips
Writers need to feel a connection to their characters – it is through these characters you try and tell your story and the theme of your script. If, as the writer, you don’t feel connected to your protagonist, or don’t provide a convincing counter-argument to them through an antagonist, the audience cannot be expected to do so either.
- “Inconceivable!” – A tribute to William Goldman
- “What would you do if you could…?” – A Stan Lee tribute
- Interactive Writing – A Tutorial on Gaming Terminology
- Concours Hiver 2019
- Why Bohemian Rhapsody is hitting all the right notes
- Pitch meetings, success stories, and more VFX-driven scripts wanted for a 2x Oscar nominated director!
- Halle Berry takes on the world of MMA in her directorial debut and the stars start to align for Rian Johnson’s “KNIVES OUT”
- Second Look: GAME OF THRONES Season One, Episode One
- WriteMovies Exclusive: In conversation with Steven Knight, Part Two
- WriteMovies Exclusive: In conversation with Steven Knight, Part 1
UK or EU user?
UK and EU followers – don’t miss out on your bridge to the international industry! If you’ve not submitted to us since Oct 1 2017, we need new consent from you to continue to contact you. CLICK HERE.
Dear Thomas M. and Analyst Will Brett,
Thank you so much for the review and critique of my screenplay, ‘Dirty Laundry’! I truly couldn’t self-critique because I was too close to my own work. I find your assessment very useful and insightful! This left me chomping at the bit to get to work on the ‘fixes’. Yes, it will be a major re-write; however, now it has ‘direction’. I truly appreciate the time invested, not only in reviewing my screenplay, but also in the thoughtful and truly meaty assessment. It is wonderful to receive a critique which clarifies pitfalls and offers suggestions to approach necessary repairs in structure and dialog! Thank you! I truly appreciated your feedback!